Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy 100th Post to Us!


Hooray! You are currently reading the 100th WeDine post! What a milestone to have achieved together. Are you as happy as we are? Are you jumping up and down and dreaming of culinary adventures to come? We're so excited to have come this far in our blogging and in our cooking.

For two years, we've been sharing our love of food with you, and we're happy to say we're not going to stop now. On WeDine, we've documented our weekly Wednesday Dinners, where we meet, shop and then cook together (either having planned or spontaneously thought up the meal). We've also documented our other food experiences: home cooking, holiday food, restaurant trips, cookbook reviews, picnics, potlucks, cheese- and wine-tastings. Just thinking about all those flavours, we can't wait to make our next meal.

The WeDine 100 Challenge

Now that we've gained some experience in the kitchen, we are setting ourselves a new challenge to celebrate our 100th WeDine post! The challenge will be to try one hundred new things: new foods, new ingredients, new restaurants, new combinations, new techniques: it could be anything. The only criteria is that we haven't tried it before. We'll be your food explorers, bravely charting new territories, and reporting back here.

Keep track of our adventures by checking out our 100 Challenge List on the right-hand column, and watch it grow. If there's anything you'd love to see us try, leave us a note in the comments.

Good Cooking, Good Eating!
Yours in the kitchen,

Michelle, Meg, Alisha & Laura.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 100 to all of you. It's so much fun to read your postings and look at the photos. Those 100th celebration cupcakes look yummy. Your challenge is a fantastic idea, and I can't wait to see the list (nothing there yet??) you have set yourself. Right offhand I can think of 50 ice-cream recipes you can try for the first time,eh, Meg?

Anonymous said...

How about these challenges: elderflower and strawberry bombe, chocolate tangerine roulade, pistachio rosewater turkish delight??
Meg, your dad when he can, is bringing 10 vintage Gourmet magazines over for you. Enough for 200 chanllenges. You will go nuts over the photos of food, places in the world to eat it and more. I think you 4 should be food editors for them!!
GB

moyrad said...

A little reminiscense for our momentous 100th post... I remember secretly writing our historical list of basic meal descriptions (post #2) in hopes we could at some point revisit our delicious creations. (Post #1 being a statement for being.)

Also because we couldn't quite remember what we had made or the flavour combinations or techniques.

I am so glad everyone else was and still is excited about the medium of blog. Blog on!

Michelle

YoonJu said...

Happy 100th post!! I can't believe it's been two years since you guys started this. I always love reading your food adventures. I miss you all very much. Korean dishes from Meg's cookbook might be a new realm to explore...?!

Laura said...

Wow, thanks everyone for all the suggestions and support! I can't believe it's been two years and one hundred posts either! Fantastic.

GB, I can't wait to try making some pistachio rosewater turkish delight. It's my dad's (in England) favourite. That elderflower bombe sounds delish too.

Michelle, we're so indebted to you for starting this blog! It's a fantastic enterprise, and so much fun to do together.

YoonJu, yay! It's great to hear from you in blog form. Thanks for your comment - I think we'll definitely have to try some Korean dishes. Fabulous suggestion!

I just wanted to mention that the cupcakes in the photo are from the aptly named Cupcakes on Denman, where Michelle and I stopped on our way from the beach. We had to celebrate the 100th post! Michelle's is the 'sweet sixteen', a vanilla cupcake with pink buttercream icing and sprinkles, and mine was the chocolate, with chocolate cake, chocolate buttercream and (not surprisingly) chocolate sprinkles. Yum! I urge you to visit - the aromas alone are worth it!

www.cupcakesonline.com

Meg said...

I want to say thank you Michelle too! It was such a great surprise the Wednesday you presented us with the secretly-started blog. Now I can't imagine not having this place to pour out my love for food and celebrate our weekly adventures.

Thanks also to everyone who's reading along with us! Comment, comment, comment - we want to hear your food ramblings as well, so you don't just have to listen to us :)

This has been so much fun, and I'm looking forward to the challenge that awaits us. You know I never really like to do the same thing twice in the kitchen, so I bet the 100 things are just going to fly by... and then we'll need a new challenge.

Definitely much more ice cream to comen (I'm thinking of trying cranberry this weekend). And Korean recipes - I haven't been as fearless with that cookbook without you YoonJu, but now it's time!

Looking forward to those vintage Gourmets GB - mmm, dreams of working for a food magazine, or creating a better one...

Leeeeesha said...

Yes, WeDine really has come a long way, hasn't it? For me, conquering my fear of blogs and blogging has been such a worthwhile and enriching venture. Thank you guys for gently nudging me in the right direction.

Honestly, I don't know what I'd do without Wednesday Dinners now - my week would feel so empty without it.

Anonymous said...

The vintage Gourmet mags are on their way. Jim picked them up today. So Meg if you nag him to bring them by for you, before long you will have the recipe in one of them for those pistachio rosewater turkish delights. Enjoy.
GB