Thursday, January 10, 2008

Christmas Dinner in all its glory



The holidays are all about eating, and celebrating, and then eating some more, so on Christmas Day this year, I made sure to do my share. My plate at dinner (as seen above) was embarrassingly full, and I must admit that I ate every bit of food that sat proudly on it. We had a lovely traditional turkey dinner, complete with two turkeys, two gravies, two kinds of stuffing - well, there were two families to feed - mashed potatoes, brussels sprouts, green beans, yams, cranberry sauce, and salad.

Here we all are, mid-meal:


Mmmm! Can't wait for next year!

What did everyone else have?

1 comment:

Laura said...

That was an impressively-filled Christmas dinner plate, Alisha! I like the second photo too, it seems so cosy, and I like how everyone's hands are just visible, passing things. We had basically the same, except for the cranberry sauce and yams, which I think of as North American, and we had bread sauce, which is sort of a thin stuffing, made with old bread, milk and cream, onions and cloves. So what were the two kinds of gravy?