Friday, March 02, 2007

A tea-party at Raisa's . . .

A couple of weekends ago now, we all headed over to Raisa's lovely Burnaby house for a crafty afternoon. There was tea and coffee and various delicious foods as made by Raisa and her mother Aili (whom some of us met for the first time). We also all met Tula, Raisa and Craig's cute new wheaten terrier puppy (and in the case of YoonJu and I, read all about wheaten terriers in Raisa & Craig's instructive dog books). And we also did some knitting!

Here are a couple of the sandwiches, so prettily arrayed (and some went so quickly I couldn't get a picture of them!).




The 'before' picture:
Alisha, Meg and I without pie.



Alisha, Meg and I with pie!



The pie was so good - Raisa and her mom made it with the last of the summer blackberries. Mm. Below are the delicious cinnamon buns they made looking very pretty in the sunlight. Unfortunately I didn't get a photo of the meringues, which were delicious too. Meringues are one of my favourites, so perhaps they disappeared too quickly! You'll have to imagine them.



All of us on Raisa's soon-to-be-replaced (but very lovely) sofa: Michelle, Alisha, Meg, Me, YoonJu, Raisa (and Tula!).

1 comment:

moyrad said...

I love group photos like this. My friends in high school used to make fun of me for trying to get us to this kind of picture and sadly we never took many. They should have listened to me! I am so glad we did this. What an amazing afternoon!