Monday, January 08, 2007

More Adventures With a Mandolin



Tonight our mandolin made the most delicious french fries! We had our own take on fish and chips, with some tasty cod which Darryl breaded ever-so-lightly. He masterminded the fries as well, tossing them in sea salt and paprika. And I made a quick salad with greens, thinly sliced cucumber and loads of fresh thyme in the vinagarette. We used our new Au Gratin pan to fry the fish, which worked "marvelously" according to Darryl. And the tasty sauce in the stainless-steel cup? Handmade corn-relish from Mom mixed with mayonaise. The whole thing went particularly well with a game of Spite-and-Malice, my favourite mean-hearted card game from my youth.

Oh, by the way, if you're wondering why my food photos now look so much tastier, it's because Darryl's my new food stylist and photographer. I must discover his secrets...

1 comment:

Leeeeesha said...

Speaking of that lovely photo: I was thinking, wow, I should start composing my photos now too. I usually just take a quick snapshot on automatic mode.

Hmm, maybe Darryl should give us a tutorial . . .