Saturday, November 18, 2006

Baking Addendum

Just some more photos from last Sunday's bake-a-thon that I liked
and wanted to comment on.


The grated butter that looked like cheese. This reminds me of Roald Dahl's 'square sweets that look round' in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, a great book, that coincidentally happens to centre around food.

I can't believe it's butter!



What the counter looked like at one point (tentatively titled 'Baking 'splosion'):



An example of that famous sifting technique:



Magnetic chocolate shavings!



Alisha starts her melting moments:



Grandma Gordon's ginger snaps prior to baking:



Dueling rasps - you can tell Meg is grating chocolate faster, as her hand is a blur! Clearly I'm worried about possible finger loss - I wouldn't make a very good chef, if the chefly ideal is to be able to pick up red-hot pans with your calloused, bare, thumb-stitched-back-on hands.



I took this photo because I liked the contrast of Flora's cold juice and Meg's hot tea - don't know if you can see the condensation and steam - but the reflections are pretty cool too.



Yummy snausage rolls! Some are already missing:

No comments: